International parental child abduction cases in Belarus
The Republic of Belarus is a member of 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention) from January 12, 1998. However and unfortunately it doesn’t give a 100 % guarantee that if your child has been abducted and now he/she is located on the territory of the Republic of Belarus your child will be returned.
For example, despite that fact that the United States and Belarus are both members of the mentioned convention they are not yet treaty partners. Until Belarus and the United States establish a treaty relationship per Article 38 of the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, parents whose children have been abducted from the United States to Belarus and vs are unable to invoke the mentioned Convention.
Child abduction lawyer in Belarus
Allford Group Law Office has a huge professional experience in the field of international child abduction cases in Belarus. During last 5 year we represented fathers and mothers of children from different countries such as USA, UK, Netherlands, Iceland, Spain, UAE, Cyprus, Greece, Germany, France.
Our professional attorneys know the details and specifics of such cases in Belarus. It helps us to take care of such cases in the most effective way for us and our Clients. In such cases we often work with lawyers from other countries especially in case if we need to get some evidence from these countries.
Child abduction cases: actions to prevent child abduction
- We always advice our clients to get in touch with their local lawyer and ask to get a court order and impose all possible restrictions. It can be some kind of travel restrictions, custdy etc. This will help to save time as well as it can even sometimes prevent the child abduction itself.
- Warning signs: there are many warning signs that can prevent child abduction. It can be changing job of one of the parents, hiding passport of the children etc. If the client feels and see some warning signs we always recommend him to get in touch with the lawyer and get the proper advice.
- Provide all official documents on travel restrictions etc. to official authorities/border control/other authorities. Here again it is better to consult with the lawyer to make it in the right order.
Child abduction happened: first steps
If child abduction happened then we normally advice to follow the following steps:
- Immediately initiate a court case on a definition of the child’s residence place. It depends on the country where you are. If your country is a member of the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction then you can initiate it in accordance with it. If not then check all possible actions with your local attorney.
- Try to impose some restrictions: we write about it above.
- Inform the local police office about that: this step also should be done on the advice of the local attorney.
- If you have the information on where your child is located now you can contact a local attorney to consult on which measures can be taken in this country on child abduction prevention.
Child abduction in Belarus: responsible authority
In the Republic of Belarus the Ministry of Justice is the responsible body for child abduction cases in accordance with the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
The main difficulty that we face up in Belarus in the field of child abduction is when the child has dual citizenship and one of them is the citizenship of Belarus. Why it is so because the Republic of Belarus doesn’t recognize a dual citizenship. It means that in such cases for our authorities the child will be considered mainly as the citizen of Belarus.
Our advocates and attorneys at law have a unique and huge experience in the field of child abduction in Belarus. We have experience in representation of mothers and fathers from foreign countries as well as Belarus on this legal matters. Our attorneys will advise you on child abduction law in Belarus as well as will help you and do their best to return your child back.
HOW TO FIND AND CONTACT US
If you decided to register a representative office in Belarus will be glad to help you.
Our contacts you can find here.
Also here is the office mobile number (Telegram, Viber, WhatsApp): +37529 357 03 55.