Cryptocurrency business in Belarus
Introduction in the legislation
The cryptocurrency was first time mentioned in the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus “On Development of digital economy” in December 2017. According to the mentioned decree, cryptocurrency is the subject of legal operations. The decree regulates all the operations with cryptocurrency.
The Decree includes the following provisions:
- Any entity can own cryptocurrency;
- Any person can be involved in the process of mining. Mining is not considered to be a buisiness activity;
- 1st of January 2023 is the last day when any person can purchase cryptocurrency without taxation. Accordingly, one can do operations with cryptocurrency;
- 1st of January 2013 is the last day for the residents of HTP to operate without being taxed, including operations with cryptocurrency mining and its alienation.
New business activities for HTP residents
The following activities are included:
- Educational activity in the sphere of ICT;
- Cybersport, organization of the commands and tournaments;
- Artificial intelligence, investigation of remote control systems;
- Investigation of medical technologies, including different stages, biotechnology and the results of the research;
- Investigation of aircraft and space-based technologies;
- Commercial, brokerage services, excluding bank operations on the Internet, based on computer software worked out by residents of HTP.
- Biotechnology development, medical, aircraft, space-based technologies, cybersport.
Introduction of English law in the legislation of Belarus
The Decree offers separate aspects of English Law, in particular, converted loan, option, option agreement, non-compete agreement and property loss compensation. Every notion is explained in the Decree with the high probability of future investigation and its final implementation in the legislation of the Republic of Belarus.
Why you should choose us
– company formation in Belarus is one of the main specializations of our law office (especially in IT);
– English-speaking attorneys;
– Within last 5 years we helped more than 50 companies to enter HTP;
– Deep understanding of crypto business in Belarus;
– We have only experienced lawyers and advocates: some of our lawyers have more than 20 years of experience in the field;
– High level of confidentiality;
– Fair pricing policy: we always make even more than we agreed!
How to find and contact us
Our contacts you can find here.
Also here is the office mobile number (Telegram, Viber, WhatsApp): +37529 357 03 55.