Citizenship of the Republic of Belarus can be acquired by birth, by naturalization or by registration.
Citizenship by birth can be acquired by a child:
– at least one of the parents is a citizen of the Republic of Belarus regardless of the place of the child’s birth;
– parents (or a single parent) of a child who permanently reside in the Republic of Belarus are stateless, and the child is born in the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
– parents (or a single parent) of a child who permanently reside in the Republic of Belarus are foreigners, and the child is born in the Republic of Belarus but the state of the parents’ citizenship does not give its citizenship to the child.
Citizenship by naturalization can be gained if the applicant:
- had permanent residence in Belarus for 7 years preceding the application;
- has enough knowledge of one of state languages (Belarusian or Russian);
- has legal income;
- has no foreign citizenship, or will lose the foreign citizenship after acquisition of Belarusian citizenship, or has renounced his citizenship.
Citizenship by registration can be acquired by people who hold USSR citizenship and were born in Belarus, or had a place of residence in Belarus before November 12, 1991, as well as their spouses who hold citizenship of USSR, and their descendants; a child of a Belarusian citizen; an adopted child.
Our legal services in the field of citizenship include:
- legal advise on all matters related to obtaining Belarusian citizenship;
- preparation of all necessary documents in the field of obtaining citizenship;
- tax matters connected with citizenship;
- legal advise on dual citizenship;
- withdrawal from citizenship.
If you decided to get Belarusian citizenship or if you have some questions related to Belarusian citizenship we will be glad to assist you and provide you all legal services in the field of citizenship law of Belarus.
Contact us to get more information.