Open a corporate bank account in banks of the Republic of Belarus for foreign companies and representative offices
Is your company not a resident of the Republic of Belarus? This is not an obstacle to open a bank account in the Republic of Belarus. Our Law Office will help you to open corporate bank accounts for your company in Belarus.
In accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Belarus, non-resident legal entities may open bank accounts in Belarusian rubles and foreign currencies in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Belarus. That is, on the territory of the Republic of Belarus non-residents can open a current (settlement) account, deposit (deposit) accounts and other accounts that are provided by law.
Documents for a bank account opening in Belarus
Before you open a bank account in Belarus, you need to decide which bank you will use. This is an important point, since each bank sets its own list of documents for opening an account, taking into account current legislation.
To make it clear and more easy, we have compiled a list of documents that are necessary, as a rule, always when contacting the bank regarding a bank account opening:
- An extract (statement) from the trade register of the country of incorporation of a non-resident or another document confirming the legal status in accordance with the legislation of the country of its establishment;
- Copy of the charter and (or) constituent agreement;
- A power of attorney for us to open a bank account of a non-resident legal entity. The text of the power of attorney will be provided by our law office.
What requirements should non-residents consider when preparing documents?
The need to legalize documents issued abroad by the diplomatic and (or) consular services of the Republic of Belarus is a general rule. However, there are several exceptions to this rule:
- If the state is a party to the Convention repealing the requirement of legalization of foreign official documents. In such cases, legalization is not required, and an apostille is affixed to the document by the competent state authority;
- If the state is a party to the Convention on Legal Assistance and Legal Relations in Civil, Family and Criminal Cases of October 7, 2002 (concluded in Chisinau) or a party to the Convention on Legal Assistance and Legal Relations in Civil, Family and Criminal Cases of January 22, 1993 . (concluded in Minsk). In this case, the document must be issued or certified by a competent institution or official within its competence and in the prescribed form and sealed with a stamp;
- If the state is a party to a bilateral agreement on legal assistance with the Republic of Belarus. In this case, the requirements for paperwork vary depending on the agreement.
Bank account opening term in Belarus
As a rule, we open a bank account for our clients within 2 (two) business days. In case of additional verification by the bank or in the case of the request for additional documents, the period for opening a bank account may increase to 10 (ten) business days.
The advocates of our Law Office have a huge experience in opening bank accounts for foreign legal entities, including foreign companies in the Republic of Belarus.
Our advocates provide the following legal assistance in opening accounts in Belarus:
- consultations on opening bank accounts in Belarus for foreign companies;
- preparation of documents for opening accounts for foreign companies;
- representation of interests in banks of the Republic of Belarus for opening bank accounts for foreign companies;
If you need to open a bank account for your foreign company in Belarus, please contact us, we will be glad to help you.